If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This soup is like velvet in a bowl… and, it will actually cool your body down! —There's A Cook In My Kitchen
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 medium zucchinis, roughly chopped
- 3 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 10 ounces grass-fed kefir or yogurt
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add zucchini, onions, basil and salt. Saute, stirring often, about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add vegetable broth. Partially cover and simmer 25 minutes. Uncover and let cool 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and puree in batches, or use your immersion blender until the soup is very smooth. Stir in the yogurt and puree again. Taste and add salt if necessary. Ladle into bowls. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup