If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Out of my garden grew lemon cucumbers and lime basil this summer. If they hadn't been right next to each other would they have ended up in a cocktail together...hmmm, I can't answer that. They are a naturally refreshing burst of sunshine and coolness all melded into one thirst-quenching cocktail.
If you've never had lime basil, it's a little more verbena than lime-y. Which is why I like to add the squeeze of lemon at the end. But to each his own. Follow your own taste buds on this one and feel free to sub in the lime. Ganbei! —Rebecca @ DisplacedHousewife.com
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lime basil, chopped
- 1 lemon cucumber, cut into slices
- soda water
- 1 lemon, cut in four wedges
- Place the lime basil, simple syrup and lemon cucumbers in a wide-mouth jar/cup. Muddle all the ingredients together until well blended.
- Fill glass to the rim with ice.
- Put two to four fingers of vodka into the glass, depending on desired strength.
- Fill remainder of jar with the soda water and squeeze one wedge of lemon in. Twirl with a straw and you're ready to drink!
More Great Recipes: