I am sure you have prepared zucchini pancakes before, but never as scrumptious as these. Served hot with sour cream, you will love them for breakfast, lunch or light dinner. —Kukla
• 3 medium size young Zucchini or Summer Squash, peeled and grated on the medium holes side of a grater
• 11/3 cups of Farmers Cheese or well drained Ricotta
• 3 large eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour + 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, mixed together
• 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• About 1/2 cup of fresh parsley or dill or chives or a combination of herbs, finely chopped
• Canola oil or clarified butter for the pan
In This Recipe
Line a large bowl with a clean tea towel or cheese cloth; grate Zucchini into towel; enclose them in the towel and squeeze out as much moisture as you can. Open up the towel and sprinkle some salt all over the grated Zucchini. Close the towel and set aside.
To another mixing bowl add cheese, herb, garlic, salt and pepper and mix until well incorporated.
Ones again squeeze the remaining moisture from the grated Zucchini; add them to the cheese mixture and mix in well.
Stir in the eggs and then using a rubber spatula fold in the flour- baking powder mix until well combined. Let stand for about 15-20 minutes.
Add enough canola oil or clarified butter to coat the bottom of a sauté pan and let it heat on medium. Using a tablespoon or a small ladle, spoon the batter into the hot pan.
Cook until each side is golden brown and crispy. It will take approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
Place the cooked cakes on a paper towel lined platter to soak up some of the excess oil. Serve immediately with a dollop of sour cream or your favorite sauce and enjoy!