If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It was my friend's birthday and she mentioned she'd had a red velvet cake which I hadn't heard of. This is my version, no grains, no dairy, so I can eat it too. Yum! —vanessa green
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 4 tablespoons cacao
- salt, pinch
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon beet juice (grate beet and strain through tea towel)
- 1 cup cashews
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine dry ingredients - flours, cacao, baking soda and salt.
- Combine egg yolks, olive oil, honey, coconut milk, vanilla essence, apple cider vinegar and beet juice
- whisk egg whites to soft peaks in third bowl. add 1.4 cup coconut sugar
- mix dry and wet ingredients, fold in whites and sugar.
- Bake 25min. Cool before icing
- To make icing process cashews, water, vanilla, honey and beet juice until smooth.
More Great Recipes: Cakes