Author Notes: I make this artichoke dip every year for Super Bowl (and other group-like special occasions) and it is always a hit. People ask me how I make it and how many fresh cheeses it has in it; how long it took to make, etc. etc. It tastes exotic and decadent and I am always hesitant to share the recipe because it is so astonishingly simple and the ingredients are well, slightly cheesy (no pun intended). This recipe is best with all of the ingredients made straight from the jar or can and though it violates my no-chemical-nothing-from-a-jar-or-can-if-I-can-help-it type eating sensibility -- I have to say, this is pretty good... —coffeefoodwrite
16oz container Parmesan Cheese (preferably Kraft)
13.75 oz cans artichoke hearts (not marinated)
30oz container Best Foods Mayonnaise
teaspoons garlic powder
round sourdough loaf
- Preheat oven to 375º. Chop artichoke hearts. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spoon into round (soufflé like) baking dish and bake for 30-45 mins. until top is brown and edges are bubbly.
- Meanwhile, hollow out round sourdough loaf and cut into medium squares, set squares aside.
- When dip is done, remove from oven and spoon into hollowed out loaf, place loaf on cookie sheet, lower heat to 325º and bake until brown and bubbly (about 20-25 mins.).
- Serve immediately with bread chunks arranged artfully around dip on decorative platter.
- *Note: Can also be served with fresh vegetables for dipping.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Artichoke Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack