for the cupcakes:
grams dark chocolate chips
grams unsalted butter
grams brown sugar
teaspoon vanilla extract
grams baking soda
grams baking powder
milliliters half half 10% cream
for the ganache:
grams milk chocolate 'Lindt"
milliliters heavy cream - 35%
In This Recipe
- Prepare the ganache first: Bring the cream to boil. Pour it over the chopped chocolate. Stir carefully until a glossy ganache. Leave to harden a bit.
- Prepare the cupcakes: Combine the chopped walnuts, chocolate chips and raisins in a bowl.
- Combine milk and cream in a jar.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and soda in a bowl.
- With the paddle attachment of a self-standing mixer, beat the butter and sugar until pale. Add the honey, eggs (one by one) and vanilla. Beat until all the mixture is light and creamy.
- Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, alternating with the milk-cream mixture. Stir in the walnuts, chocolate chips and raisins.
- Distribute the batter in a muffin pan, lined with paper cups. Bake at 190C for about 25-30 min. Check the core with the wooden toothpick. Let them stay in the pan for 5 min and transfer on a wire rack to cool.
- This ganache is very creamy, not as easy for piping as the dark chocolate ganache. But in this recipe, is a nice addition to the walnut cupcakes, that are very rich in flavour. Spoon the ganache in a piping bag with a star tip. Pipe small amount of the ganache on each cupcake. Leave to cool in the refrigerator for about 30 min. Store and serve at room temperature.