Author Notes: Spiking fruit with alcohol, grilling fruit with spices usually leads to a fun and tasty summer treat! This recipe can be an appetizer or a savory dessert. Either way, this is a fun way to cool off the hot August nights. —bill
shots premium tequila
tablespoon coarse sea salt
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
teaspoons chili powder (Ancho works great)
ounces crème fraîche
Zest of 1 lime
cup cilantro, chopped
- Mix the crème fraîche, lime zest, and cilantro in bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and reserve in refrigerator.
- Mix the tequila, lemon juice, and lemon zest in bowl. Drizzle equal amounts of mixture over each watermelon slice. Top with chili powder and salt, patting gently into the slices.
- In a grill pan over high heat, grill the watermelon slices, chili powder side down, just until the powder's oils are released and grill marks are made, about 1 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the slices and assemble grilled side up. Top with cilantro lime crème fraîche and serve immediately.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Watermelon Recipe