If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spiking fruit with alcohol, grilling fruit with spices usually leads to a fun and tasty summer treat! This recipe can be an appetizer or a savory dessert. Either way, this is a fun way to cool off the hot August nights. —bill
- 4 pieces watermelon
- 2 shots premium tequila
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 teaspoons chili powder (Ancho works great)
- 8 ounces crème fraîche
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- Mix the crème fraîche, lime zest, and cilantro in bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and reserve in refrigerator.
- Mix the tequila, lemon juice, and lemon zest in bowl. Drizzle equal amounts of mixture over each watermelon slice. Top with chili powder and salt, patting gently into the slices.
- In a grill pan over high heat, grill the watermelon slices, chili powder side down, just until the powder's oils are released and grill marks are made, about 1 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the slices and assemble grilled side up. Top with cilantro lime crème fraîche and serve immediately.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Watermelon Recipe