Author Notes: The crêpes are fluffy and light, they balance well with the compote and taste heavenly. The main base is the quinoa flour; this acts as a great gluten free flour made from ground quinoa, however you can use other gluten free flours like buckwheat, rice or millet. —Madeleine Shaw
For the compote
For the pancake
grams Quinoa Flour
milliliters Almond Milk
tablespoon Coconut Oil
- De-stone the plums and cut them into quarters.
- Place the plums, berries and honey in a pan on a medium heat and let this caramelise for 5 minutes (add in 100ml of water gradually as you go so nothing burns).
- When all the water has been added, place a lid over the top and let this simmer for 10 minutes. Place the crepe mix ingredients in a bowl, whisk well and let this sit in the fridge for half an hour.
- Heat a large pan with coconut oil on a medium heat, poor out a scoop of the batter and let it cook for few minutes until golden brown then flip.
- Start small then make your crepes bigger as you feel more confident. I often fold them in half like an omelette as they don’t fall apart, this makes them still taste divine.