If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you're like me, you just can't get enough of all those juicy summer tomatoes. Use them up in this quick and refreshing Summer Gazpacho. Perfect for slurping on steamy summer nights. —Allyson Meyler
- 3-4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 jalepeno
- 1 lime (juice)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by peeling your cucumber, plucking about half of a cup of cilantro leaves from their stems, and crushing your garlic cloves
- Next you’ll want to core your tomatoes and give them a rough chop, along with your onion and cucumber. You’ll be throwing everything in the blender in a minute, but just for a head start.
- Remove the stem and seeds from the pepper and jalapeno. I use a whole jalapeno, but you could just use half or omit it completely if you’re not a fan of the fire
- Add all of the ingredients (including the liquid ingredients) to a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to work in batches. You can serve your gazpacho right away, but letting it hang out for a few hours (or even overnight) in the fridge will make it even better.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup