If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here's a cold, refreshing, but delicate and elegant soup. It's as creamy as Vichyssoise without the cream or potatoes. Silken tofu substitutes for heavy cream.
For serving, garnish with spicy breadcrumbs: Make your own breadcrumbs by leaving out your leftover sliced baguette and pulse it in the food processor or Vitamix. To make spiced breadcrumbs, toss with a mixture of smoked paprika, ground chipotle chili and some salt. Whisk together, spread crumbs on a baking sheet and spray them with olive oil. Bake in a 350º F. oven, turning the crumbs a couple of times, until toasted. Cool.
If you're staying away from breadcrumbs, or want a different garnish, sprinkle some cooked, off-the-cob corn and chopped cilantro.
Makes 1 1/2 qts.
- 1 Ripe Avocado, pitted and scooped.
- 4-5 cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock (cold or room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons Silken Tofu
- 3-4 Limes, juiced
- Malden (or Kosher) salt, to taste)
- Toasted, spiced breadcrumbs, for serving
- 1 ear, cooked corn, off the cob (optional, for serving.)
- dashes Cholula Green Pepper hot sauce, if you like it hot.
- Place all ingredients, except salt and garnish in the container of a Vitamix (or blender) and process, pulsing, until smooth. Add salt; and if necessary, additional lime juice, to taste. If too thick, add more stock until desired consistency is reached. Taste, and adjust seasonings. Chill thoroughly.
- Serving option: Garnish with spicy breadcrumbs. Serving option: Garnish with corn and cilantro. Serving option: Garnish with both! Hot sauce is personal.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup