If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is Ma's recipe. She eats it several times throughout the day during the summer months. (When I have some leftover, I blend it in the blender and freeze in popsicle molds). Sometimes whatever herb is nearby: mint, cilantro, parsley, falls into the bowl before serving. —purduetina
Makes 6 servings
- 4 tablespoons quick cooking Tapioca
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup water (for preparing tapioca)
- 2 1/2 cups water (for mixing with orange juice concentrate)
- 6 ounces (1 can) frozen orange juice
- 1 banana
- 10 ounces (approx. 1 bag) frozen peaches
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 bunch nearest green herb, mint or basil.
- Prepare tapioca. Combine tapioca, sugar and 1 cup water. Let stand for 5 minutes, it should start to thicken. Bring to a rolling boil. Watch careful and stir until thick, it will stick to the bottom of the pan!
- Stir in remaining water and orange juice. Let cool for 15 minutes
- Stir, cover and chill for 30 minutes. After it has chilled, add fruit and chill some more. Serve with fresh chopped green herbs of your choice!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup