If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: More cooking and styling for my blog this week on #eattheweeds for lots of #phytonutrients for phyting-fit imunity. This is a tasty, salty and sweet salad. We had it for lunch onn beet (rainbow) fritters with avocado. Dlish —vanessa green
- 1 bunch purslane strands, cut into inch long pieces
- 3 bacon rashes, cooked and julienned
- 1 cup walnuts (I soak and roast mine ready in the fridge for extra digestive power!)
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Fry your bacon and leave it to cool while you make your salad
- I cut the longer stems off the purslane, leaving some stems and pulling just the leaves of the straggly ones. Add the walnuts, the sliced onion, salt and pepper and bacon.
- Lastly add olive oil and balsamic and toss. Yum
More Great Recipes: Salads