If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Salad epitomizes summer and is best eaten when the ripe fresh tomatoes are in lock step with the freshest basil. I serve this as a side to beef kebabs in the summer, the beans add some consistency to the salad so no need for an extra starchy side. Best part, no need for olive oil as the avocados lend their fatty coating to the other vegetables. —EatPrayandEatAgain
- 1 cup black beans or red kidney beans (drained)
- 1 cup garbanzo beans (drained)
- 2 ripe Avocados chopped (small cubes)
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes chhopped (1 inch bites)
- 1 and 1/2 cups chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 Fresh Basil torn in bite sizes
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Drain and rinse the garbanzo and black beans, set aside.
- Chopp the Tomatoes, Avocados and Cucumbers at roughly the same size and toss them into a serving bowl
- Add the beans and the hand-torn basil leaves
- Finally drizzle the balsamic vinegar over it and toss gently to coat all the ingredients.