If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple, wholesome meal in a bowl that is packed full of fiber, vegetarian protein, and antioxidants. —Deborah Davis
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 ounces can black beans, rinsed well
- 4 ounces queso fresco
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop vegetables into evenly sized pieces (about ¼"). Toss in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour onto a cookie sheet and spread into a single layer. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- While the veggies are roasting, heat quinoa and broth in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and then cover. Continue to simmer for 20-25 minutes or until broth has been absorbed.
- For the chimichurri - combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until it resembles a pesto.
- To assemble your nourish bowls, layer quinoa, black beans, veggies, cheese, and chimichurri together.