In honor of the Saints super bowl win! Something spicy to start your day ... WHO DAT????
In honor of the Saints super bowl win! Something spicy to start your day ... WHO DAT????—aargersi
a pinch of granulated garlic
cup quick grits
cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
cracked black pepper
a lot of Louisiana Hot Sauce
In This Recipe
- Crack the egg into a dish (makes it easier at poaching time) and bring a pot of salted water to a simmer.
- In a small saucepan, bring the butter, cup of water and pinch of garlic to a boil. Once it's boiling, stir in the grits.
- After the grits have been cooking a couple minutes, slide the egg into the poaching water.
- Once the grits are cooked (5 minutes) stir in the cheese and pour into your bowl. Get that egg and drain off all excess water, and plop it into the grits.
- Grind some pepper over top and then add a LOT of Louisiana Hot Sauce - it'll start your day right I GUA-RAN-TEE!!!!!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Porridge