Author Notes: A Turkish inspired soup. Simple, quick and unexpectedly flavorful. Perfect for light lunch or starter. Top with fresh coriander for a flavor boost. —Sarah
medium tomatoes, grated
jalapeño, finely chopped
knob of butter
tablespoon olive oil
liters stock (vegetable)
handful small pasta shapes
In This Recipe
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pan.
- Add the tomato pulp and fry over a medium heat. The mixture will deepen in color.
- Add the chopped jalapeño and heat through for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock (I use cubes) and bring to the boil.
- Throw in the pasta shapes (rice also works well, feel fee to experiment)
- Simmer until the pasta is cooked.
- Serve up and enjoy.