If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A Turkish inspired soup. Simple, quick and unexpectedly flavorful. Perfect for light lunch or starter. Top with fresh coriander for a flavor boost. —Sarah
- 4 medium tomatoes, grated
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 liters stock (vegetable)
- 1 handful small pasta shapes
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pan.
- Add the tomato pulp and fry over a medium heat. The mixture will deepen in color.
- Add the chopped jalapeño and heat through for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock (I use cubes) and bring to the boil.
- Throw in the pasta shapes (rice also works well, feel fee to experiment)
- Simmer until the pasta is cooked.
- Serve up and enjoy.