If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This grilled pineapple bacon fried rice is savory and sweet, the perfect quick and easy dinner that everyone will enjoy. —localhaven
small pineapple, cut into wedges
cups white rice, cooked
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoons soy sauce
teaspoons hot sauce (optional)
cup frozen peas
strips of bacon, cooked then chopped
tablespoons sesame oil
- Cook white rice according to package, to make 2 cups of cooked rice
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate. Once cooled, break into bite size pieces. Drain the bacon grease and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pan and return the pan to medium-high heat. Add pineapple wedges to the hot pan and sear on all sides until deeply golden. Remove pineapple from the pan and let rest on a plate.
- Place the skillet (no need to wash out) back on the stove at medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan, and add minced garlic. Give it a quick stir for 30 seconds and then add the chopped onions. Stirring occasionally for 5 minutes until the onions become translucent.
- Push the onions to the edge of the pan and add 2 eggs. Begin stirring the eggs immediately. Once they have scrambled, begin to mix them into the onion garlic mixture.
- Add peas, cooked rice and soy sauce and mix together. Add the chopped scallions and bacon.
- Once thoroughly combined, add sesame oil and hot sauce.
- Top with grilled pineapple chunks and serve with additional soy sauce, hot sauce and chopped scallions.