If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bibimbap is a Korean rice dish with marinated meat and a colorful assortment of vegetables. I decided to make my own take on the dish by making it a KALE and QUINOA bowl instead, omitted the meat (which can be substituted with marinated tempeh or lentil crusted tofu *RECIPE BELOW*), and a ginger, tahini Sriracha dressing (a new favorite). You get a punch of flavors and spices with the healthy satisfaction to your appetite :) —Stacy
- 1/2-1 bunches lacinto kale
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup edamame (cooked)
- 1/2 cup marinated bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup marinated cucumbers
- Optional: marinated spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potato, tofu, tempeh, roasted peppers
- marinated seaweed
Tahini Sriracha Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha (Garlic Sriracha is amazing too)
- 1 garlic clove (omit if using the garlic Sriracha)
- 1 inch knob of ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- option: juice of a lemon or lime
- water to thin to desired consistency
- Wash, spin dry, and thinly slice kale. Massage kale with hands for a few minutes to make it easier to eat and digest.
- DRESSING: Whisk all ingredients together. Thin out with water to desired consistency.
- This recipe is great to double up if you'd like to save to use for another dish or salad for later in the week *
- Marinated Bean Sprouts: Boil water, add salt, and blanch bean sprouts. Drain in cold water for 1-2 minutes. Squeeze to release excess water. Dress with 1 green onion stalk (thinly sliced), 1 smashed garlic, 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds, 1 tb sesame oil, and salt to desired taste.
- Marinated cucumbers: thinly slice 1 large Japanese cucumber (mandolin works great), Combine cucumber and 1 smashed garlic in a medium bowl. Combine 1/2 cup vinegar, 1/4 water, 1 tb sugar, and 1/4 tsp salt; microwave at HIGH for 2 minutes or until boiling. Pour hot vinegar mixture over cucumber mixture; stir in sambal oelek. Cover and chill at least 4 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon, or drain before serving. Garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.
- OPTIONAL (Lentil Crusted Tofu): 1 package of extra firm tofu, pressed for at least 1 hr to release water. Place 3-4 tb pink lentils in a coffee grinder until you reach a coarse ground flour-texture. Add seasoning to lentils of 1/4 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp of both coriander, cumin, and sea salt. Cut tofu into bite size cubes and coat with spice and lentil mixture. Add grapeseed oil to a pan and pan fry each side until crispy.
- To Prepare: Add kale to the bottom of the bowl, and mix in the quinoa. Add a heaping spoonfull or two of your assorted vegetables. Add lentil-crusted tofu, if desired. Before eating, drizzle dressing on top and ENJOY! :)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Restorative Recipes