If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Very lightly adapted from Edward Giobbi and Eugenia Giobbi Bone's Italian Family Dining. —Nicholas Day
Serves 4, lushly
- 6 apricots, halved and pitted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ripe peaches, sliced
- Place the apricot halves in a food processor and blend to a puree. Transfer the puree to a saucepan and bring to a simmer over low to medium heat. Add the sugar and the lemon juice and stir until the sugar dissolves and the puree thickens somewhat, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Whip the heavy cream until it holds soft peaks. To make the fool, fold the cooled apricot puree into the whipped cream. To serve, simply spoon the fool on top of the sliced peaches.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!