If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My granny-in-law was Estonian and used to make the best strudel in the world, no exaggeration. Being dairy and gluten free now I pretty much screwed... not now :) —vanessa green
cups almond meal
egg plus an egg white
tablespoons coconut flour
apple, cored, peeled + sliced
cup pureed apple
teaspoon lemon juice
teaspoon cinnamon, cardamom, salt, each
- Place the almond flour in a bowl and add in the coconut flour, butter and eggs.
- Mix until you have a dough and roll out between two sheets or parchment paper. Your finished crust should be 2mm thick (as thin as you can go without breaking).
- To make the filling place the cut apple, apple juice, lemon juice, butter and all the seasoning in a pan and cover. Bring to a boil and cover.
- Let this cook until the juice cooks away, roughly 10 - 12 minutes. Some of the apple maybe more of an apple sauce but that’s fine.
- Leave the crust on the parchment paper and place into a baking dish. Spoon the filling into the center of the crust. Using the edges of the parchment, roll the edges of the dough over the filling like a strudel. It doesn’t matter if some come out the ends
- 6. Cook for 30 minutes at 350F
More Great Recipes: