If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made up this recipe after I found some amazing short ribs at the farmers market. I wanted to add bold Asian-inspired ingredients to make this sandwich pop! —MoodyCook
braising liquid for short ribs
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups dark beer
- 1 tablespoon fresh diced ginger
- 3 pieces green onion
- 6 bone-in short ribs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 pieces whole garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 asian pear
- In a blender, combine coconut milk, green onion, ginger, garlic, and beer... blend until combined, heavily salt and pepper your short ribs and heat olive oil in pan, cook for 2 minutes on medium heat until seared and darkened brown. Then, add blended ingredients and place lid on top. set range to low heat. Simmer for 2 hours until meet falls off the bone.
Asian pear slaw with jalepeno and cilantro.. topped with toasted coconut
- 1 julienne Asian pear
- 1 diced jalepeno
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup napa cabbage, rough chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut, toasted
- combine all ingredients and add rice wine vinegar - toast coconut in separate pan on low heat until golden brown
- steamed bun - buy your favorite canned biscuits and separate and roll out, steam individually until they puff up