If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pumpkin Chowder Recipe from Ricky Eisen, President and Founder of Between the Bread (http://www.betweenthebread.com/), Manhattan’s premier café and corporate catering company for more than 35 years. —Between the Bread
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed of tough green tops and chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 2 medium bell peppers, chopped
- 2 1/4 pounds pumpkin, seeded, cut into 1/2 by 1 inch thick pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups frozen corn
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat
- Add leeks and cook until very soft, about 5 minutes
- Add garlic and cook for about 2 minutes
- Stir in green peppers; reduce heat to medium-low
- Cook until peppers soften, about 8 more minutes
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook until pumpkin is tender, about 30 minutes.