If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are inspired from a little bakery in the centre of Sydney called Little Devils - but as I'm gluten and sugar free they're slightly less devilish. The bread is inspired by againstallgrain white bread —vanessa green
- 4 chicken, thighs, poached
- 1 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced finely
- 1/2 cilantro bunch, stems included
- 1/4 bunch argula (I ran out so used fennel here)
- 1 jalapeno, finely sliced
- 10 thai basil leaves
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seed mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to tase
- 1/2 garlic clove
- fish and tamari sauce to taste
- Use two baguettes or bigger rolls you can cut in half and share.. Mine I made from againstallgrain with macadamias instead of cashews and no honey
- I sliced everything up ready to assemble. Put the carrot in the vinegar for soaking while you make the aioli.
- To make the garlic aioli - whiz the egg yolk, olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper and garlic.
- Spread garlic aioli on either side of the roll, add chicken, green onions, carrots, cucumber, arugula, cilantro, thai basil and jalapeno on the roll. Enjoy
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe
More Great Recipes: