If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: At a seasonally appropriate gathering, we decided to feature juicy heirloom tomatoes and subtle eggplant baked atop a creamy Swiss cheese layer in a rich and flaky crust. Topped with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkling of fresh thyme, this galette is our top lunchtime dish. —Twin Tastes
- 1 favorite pie dough
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/8-inch rounds
- 2 large Heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/8-inch rounds
- 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grate
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper throughout
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit On a floured surface, roll out the chilled dough into a 1/8-inch thick circle. Transfer the dough to a baking sheet topped with parchment paper. Drizzle the dough with EVOO and sprinkle the Swiss cheese and Parmigiano Reggiano on top, leaving a 1-2-inch border all around. Overlap the heirloom tomato and eggplant rounds in a fan on top of the layer of cheese. Sprinkle with the dried oregano, salt and pepper. Fold the edges of the dough up over the filling. Brush the entire surface of the crust with the beaten egg. Bake until the crust is golden brown and the vegetables are tender, about 40-45 minutes. Serve warm with an extra sprinkling of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.