Author Notes: Tomatillo-Avocado Salsa Fresca Recipe from Ricky Eisen, President and Founder of Between the Bread (http://www.betweenthebread.com/), Manhattan’s premier café and corporate catering company for more than 35 years. —Between the Bread
Orange or yellow bell pepper
Anaheim chile pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
A handful of fresh chopped cilantro
- Remove the papery skins from the tomatillos and wash the stickiness off Roughly chop.
- Toss into a bowl.
- Wash and halve the bell pepper; seed and chop one half. Add to the bowl.
- Stem and clean the chile pepper; dice. Add it in.
- Drizzle the mix with fresh squeezed lime juice and olive oil.
- Season with sea salt, to taste.
- Add in fresh chopped cilantro and stir to combine.
- Cover and chill until serving.
- Just before serving, peel and pit the avocado, dice it, toss lightly in lime juice, add the avocado to the salsa.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.