If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tomatillo-Avocado Salsa Fresca Recipe from Ricky Eisen, President and Founder of Between the Bread (http://www.betweenthebread...), Manhattan’s premier café and corporate catering company for more than 35 years. —Between the Bread
Orange or yellow bell pepper
Anaheim chile pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
A handful of fresh chopped cilantro
- Remove the papery skins from the tomatillos and wash the stickiness off Roughly chop.
- Toss into a bowl.
- Wash and halve the bell pepper; seed and chop one half. Add to the bowl.
- Stem and clean the chile pepper; dice. Add it in.
- Drizzle the mix with fresh squeezed lime juice and olive oil.
- Season with sea salt, to taste.
- Add in fresh chopped cilantro and stir to combine.
- Cover and chill until serving.
- Just before serving, peel and pit the avocado, dice it, toss lightly in lime juice, add the avocado to the salsa.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.