If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
For the greens and ripe tomato:
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and chopped (or 6-8 cups spring mix)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half (or 2 large Heirloom tomatoes, diced)
- 1 red onion, sliced in thin rings
- 1/8 to 1/4 cups reduced balsamic vinegar (see below)
- 4 ounces ricotta salata, sliced and crumbled
- Place the chopped lettuce in a large bowl with the tomatoes and the onion.
- Drizzle 1/8 cup of the reduced balsamic vinegar over the lettuce, and toss to combine (add more if desired).
- Sprinkle with the ricotta salata and serve, dividing the salad evenly between four plates.
For the reduced balsamic vinegar:
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Simmer the balsamic vinegar gently in heavy bottomed saucepan or skillet until reduced to about 1/4 cup. It should coat the back of a spoon. Let cool to room temperature.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!