If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of my favorite breakfasts growing up in New York was a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich from the local delicatessen. It sounds simple enough, but not all are created equal. Here is my "grown-up" version of a favorite breakfast. —brisketandbagels.com
Food52 Review: Even though this kind of combination can seem played-out nowadays, this version was fun and tasted great. I used about half of the sriracha, but feel free to adjust to taste. Fun and easy is always a good combo in my book! —Stephanie Bourgeois
Makes: 1 sandwich
slices raisin bread
teaspoon sriracha hot sauce
pieces double smoked bacon
slice American cheese
- Lightly toast the raisin bread and spread on the sriracha.
- In a 12-inch nonstick frying pan, cook the bacon till crisp. Set aside.
- Fry the egg to your liking in a few teaspoons of reserved bacon fat (I prefer over-easy). Layer the cheese on the egg while it is in the pan so the cheese will melt.
- Assemble the sandwich. Enjoy
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe