Author Notes: One of my favorite breakfasts growing up in New York was a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich from the local delicatessen. It sounds simple enough, but not all are created equal. Here is my "grown-up" version of a favorite breakfast. —brisketandbagels.com
Food52 Review: Even though this kind of combination can seem played-out nowadays, this version was fun and tasted great. I used about half of the sriracha, but feel free to adjust to taste. Fun and easy is always a good combo in my book! —Stephanie Bourgeois
Makes: 1 sandwich
slices raisin bread
teaspoon sriracha hot sauce
pieces double smoked bacon
slice American cheese
- Lightly toast the raisin bread and spread on the sriracha.
- In a 12-inch nonstick frying pan, cook the bacon till crisp. Set aside.
- Fry the egg to your liking in a few teaspoons of reserved bacon fat (I prefer over-easy). Layer the cheese on the egg while it is in the pan so the cheese will melt.
- Assemble the sandwich. Enjoy
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe