If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I give full credit to the PBJ's Grilled food truck in Portland, Oregon for this masterpiece! They use their own house-made peanut butter and orange marmalade and local challah bread. The moment I put it in my mouth, my PB&J world changed forever. I've been trying to recreate it ever since. —Natalie
Food52 Review: Everything about this sandwich was on point. It's such a creative concoction and the ingredients married together beautifully. All measurements worked well and the Sriracha gave it the perfect kick. The wilted basil gave great flavor too -- 3 leaves were the perfect amount. Using challah is key since it's so light and not too dense. I used butter to grill, which made it golden and toasty. I highly recommend it since it’s such a unique, easy, and tasty sandwich! —hellskitchenspice
- 2 pieces challah bread
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 pieces fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- Heat the butter or oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Spread the peanut butter onto one slice of bread and the orange marmalade onto the other. Then sprinkle the curry powder onto either piece of bread. Squeeze the Sriracha onto the peanut butter slice, spread it out, and top it with fresh basil. Once the oil is heated enough, place one slice of bread on top of the other and grill the sandwich on each side until golden brown and crunchy. Cut in half and enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe