Author Notes: A simple and moist pound cake with rum soaked dried fig. —Chako
Serves: 1 tin (20cm x 10cm)
grams Butter (Unsalted)
grams Brown Sugar
grams Baking Powder
grams Dry figs (Rum soaked)
- Heat the oven to 350F/180C. Line the baking tin with greasing paper.
- Leave the butter in room temperature and cream the butter and sugar together until smooth and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs, until completely blended.
- Sift the flour with baking powder and fold in the flour in 1/3 parts, adding last the ‘fig soaked in rum’ cut into small pieces.
- Scrape the 80% of the cake batter into the prepared pan, decorating the top with fresh sliced fig, covering the remainder of the batter to cover the fig. Smooth the top off.
- Bake for about an 1 hour, until the edges are browned and a cake tester inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Run a knife or spatula around the edges of the cake to release it from the pan, and flip onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.