If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A Torta is much like a Mexican Hoagie; however, with the addition of a fried egg, we’ve made it into a brunch item. Serve with your favorite brunch cocktail – as my mother once said, “Mimosas and Bloody Marys are socially acceptable before noon.” I am my mothers daughter after all… —Kathleen | Hapa Nom Nom
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- In a double boiler over medium heat, add the egg yolk and lime juice and whisk constantly until thickened, about 5 minutes. Once thickened, remove the bowl insert from heat and continue whisking.
- Add the garlic, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon water. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and grapeseed oil while whisking constantly until thickened and emulsified.
- Add the cayenne and sriracha and stir well to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound pork chorizo, casings removed
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large Hass avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split, toasted if desired
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the chorizo, breaking up any lumps with your spoon and cook until the meat is browned all the way through.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add the butter. Once the butter has melted, crack the eggs into the skillet and immediately cover the pan with a lid. Cook until the egg white is cooked through and the egg yolk is barely set, approximately 5 minutes.
- Brush the inside of each roll with a generous amount of sriracha aioli. Using the bottom of the rolls layer the chorizo, lettuce, tomato, avocado, jalapeños, and top with a fried egg. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe