If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sandwich features eggs on toast, coupled with tomatoes. Perfect for breakfast or at noon. —THE FUTURE MBA
- 4 slices of whole-wheat bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 large hothouse tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, "coarse" setting
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, preferably organic extra-virgin
- Toast the slices of whole-wheat bread. Sprinkle the tomato slices with the freshly ground black pepper. Place the tomato slices and the cucumber slices on each of two slices.
- In a stainless-steel frypan, heat the olive oil over moderate heat. Crack two eggs open, inspect for any spots, and if not spotted, place in pan. When thoroughly cooked, remove and place on one of the slices of whole wheat bread. Repeat the process.
- Place the cooked bull's eye eggs on each of the two slices of bread, covering the tomato and cucumber slices. Cover with the remaining slices, then cut each sandwich diagonally in half.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe