If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This spin on the classic PB + J includes spicy pepper jelly and sweet, crisp, caramelized bananas on top of peanut butter and sandwiched between two slices of hearty bread. The whole sandwich is then caramelized again to perfection. —Maddie and Cady (Hungry Curious)
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 slices hearty bread (gluten free if needed)
- 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1-2 tablespoons spicy pepper jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- First, make the caramelized bananas by stirring 1 tsp coconut oil and 1 1/2 tsp maple syrup together in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Slice the bananas into small discs and transfer to pan. Cook each side 4-7 minutes, until golden brown.
- While bananas are cooking, spread about 1-2 tbsp peanut butter on one slice of bread, and 1-2 tbsp jelly on the other slice (you've made pb + j's before - use the amount of each spread you like best).
- When bananas are caramelized, evenly distribute on top of peanut butter.
- Add about 1/2 tsp coconut oil and 1 tsp maple syrup to the same pan used earlier and swirl to combine. Place both slices of bread, dry sides down, in the pan and cook until brown and crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Press the slices together to form a sandwich, and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe