Author Notes: I created this sandwich because it reminds me of a sandwich that I used to order from a small catering company that was down the street from my office some years ago. The company is no longer there, but I still crave their delicious sandwich. —Alemonada
ounces Thick sliced ham (can be deli or leftovers)
pieces Roasted asparagus
pieces Brie cheese
handful Mixed greens (salad greens or arugula works best)
Ciabatta roll (although any delicious bread will do)
tablespoons Sweet and spicy mustard
- Heat oven to 400 and roast asparagus with salt, pepper and a bit of olive oil, until it's a bit brown, but still crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Slice 1 onion (any kind will do), cook slices over low heat for about 20 minutes, with a bit of olive oil or butter and 2 teaspoons of brown sugar.
- Assemble ingredients on roll and enjoy!
- You may also put into a sandwich press for a hot and crispy sandwich. Ingredients are delicious hot and fresh, or all cold from the refridgerator.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe
More Great Recipes: