If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Patty made with grated beet, carrot, baba ganoush, walnut oil, cumin seed and sriracha —Sue O'Bryan
- 2 Beets, grated in a food processor
- 1 Carrot, grated in a food processor
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Baba ganoush
- 2 tablespoons Walnut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon Toasted Cumin Seed
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil or ghee
- 4 hamburger buns or bagels
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Grate beets and carrot in food processor and drain in a strainer set over a bowl. Press on vegetables to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Add all other ingredients and form into 4 patties.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Over medium heat, add olive oil or ghee to a cast iron skillet or nonstick pan. I used a biscuit cutter set in the pan to mold the patties, but you can simply add your patties and sauté for approximately 3 minutes, until beginning to lightly crust on the bottom.
- Transfer patties in the pan to oven and finish cooking for 20 - 25 minutes. Place patties on a lightly buttered bun or bagel, spread bottom with mustard, and top patties with sliced cucumber.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe