If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Non-dairy, creamy broccoli, avocado and lime soup. —Brittany Barton
- 1 yellow onion - chopped
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 heads of broccoli - chopped
- 2.5 cups water or homemade broth
- 2 avocados
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large pot. Sauté the onion then the garlic for five minutes.
- Add chopped broccoli to the pot and cook for five minutes. Then add the water, salt and pepper. Cover and let cook for five more minutes.
- In a blender, add the avocado, lime, cilantro and mint. Then careful ladle in spoonfuls of the broccoli mixture. Blend until smooth, it should take a minute or two. Take time to scrap down the sides, give it a good stir and blend to make sure all is mixed.
- Serve with chopped avocado and fresh mint or cilantro.