If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from an appetizer we used to make. Its sweet, salty and tangy. There are variations of this recipe found in one form or another. We like this one. —jk
- 1 Fresh Baguette
- 5 ounces Sweet Capocolla
- 5 ounces Mortadella
- 5 ounces Rosmarino (rosemary & garlic ham)
- 5 ounces Fig Preserve
- 5 ounces Pecorino Cheese (or more)
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 3 ounces Baby Arugala
- 2 teaspoons Good Quality Butter
- 1 teaspoon House Seasoning (or more to taste)
- 1 cup Kosher Salt
- 1/4 cup Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons White Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Cut the baguette length wise and spread fig preserves on the bottom half and butter on the top half.
- Layer all the meat along bottom half of the baguette top the meat with cheese and sprinkle with house seasoning.
- Whisk oil, Dijon and garlic in a small bowl then lightly dress the arugula and place it on top of the cheese.
- Place buttered top half of baguette on top and cut into serving pieces.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Thing You Ate This Year
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe