If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My favorite breakfast sandwich is from the cookbook "This is a Cookbook" by the Sussman brothers. However my all time favorite sandwich is the Vietnamese Bánh mì. One day I decided to combine the two, and this sandwich was born! (This recipe easily doubles) —Cameron
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Heavy Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 English Muffin
- 1 piece Smoked Ham
- 2 tablespoons Pâté
- 1/2 piece Jalepeno
- 4 pieces Cucumber
- 3 tablespoons Pickled Carrots & Daikon Radish
- 2 tablespoons Mayo
- 2-3 sprigs Cilantro
- 1.5 tablespoons Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, whisk eggs,cream,salt and sugar. Place english muffin halves in the batter and let them sit for 10 minutes, turning them halfway through.
- Remove a muffin half from the batter and put it on a plate, cut side down. Layer on the ham & pâté. Then top the muffin with the other half, cut side up. Melt half of the butter in an ovenproof skilled over medium low heat. Move the sandwich onto the pan and allow it to cook for 3 minutes. (Careful not to burn the butter!) Use a spatula to flip the sandwich over. Put the other half of the butter in the skillet and move it around to make sure the butter spreads around the pan. Place the skillet in the hot oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how impatient you are ( I wait 5 minutes).
- While the sandwich is in the oven prepare your toppings. Thinly slice the Jalepeno and the cucumber and put them on a plate with the other toppings so when the sandwich is done, you can quickly top it and eat it while it is hot.
- Pull the sandwich out of the oven after at least 5 minutes and spread on the mayo, and then layer the sandwich with the pickled vegetables, cucumber, cilantro, and jalepeno.
- Put on a plate and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe