If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sandwich is hard to beat in aroma, juiciness and lusciousness. Soft buns stuffed with tender slices of chicken breast, red cabbage coleslaw, spring onions and olive oil infused with orange peel. —Meike Peters | eat in my kitchen
- 6 small soft buns, cut in half
- 14 ounces (400g) chicken breast
- 5.5 ounces (160g) red cabbage, cut into very thin strips
- 1 sour apple, peeled, cored, cut into julienne
- 3.5 ounces (100g) yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 spring onion, cut into thin slices
- 4 long strips of orange peel
- 5 tablespoons olive oil plus more for frying
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix the cabbage with 1 teaspoon of salt and rub with your fingers. Let it sit for 10 minutes to soften the texture. Mix the cabbage, apple, yoghurt and orange juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set the oven to 200°C / 390°F.
- In a small baking dish, mix 5 tablespoons of olive oil with the orange peel and set aside.
- In a heavy pan, heat a splash of olive oil and cook the chicken breast on medium temperature for a few minutes on each side until golden. Put the chicken in a baking dish and roast in the oven together with the dish with the orange oil for about 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Check with a skewer, only clear juices should come out. Take both dishes out of the oven.
- Cut the chicken into thick slices (18 for 6 sandwiches). Drizzle a bit of the orange flavored oil on the bottom side of a bun, cover with 3 slices of chicken and a heaped tablespoon of coleslaw. Sprinkle with spring onion and close the bun.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe