If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When you are craving crab cakes but want to stay healthy, try this dish. I prepared the cakes using low fat ingredients and then baked it. I also used mini pita bread instead of buns to cut down on the carbs. —cindy
Makes 4 sliders
- 2 canned crabmeat sold at markets
- 1/2 handful each of chopped green onions, red onions
- 1/4 handful chopped hot red peppers
- 1/2 tablespoon each of whole grain mustard and low fat mayo (measure to taste)
- s&p, corriander powder, worcestershire sauce, siracha sauce and lemon juice to taste
- bread crumbs
- pickled red onions (for assembly)
- arugula (for assembly)
- Tzatziki - creamy garlic cucumber dip (for assembly
- cheese of your choice for assembly
- Mix ingredients and shape.
- Add cakes to 400 degree oven and back fro approximately 20 minutes or until golden. Flip cakes over once during cooking. Top with cheese of your choice few minutes before taking out of oven.
- While cakes are baking, prepare pita pockets. Split pita pockets open and toast in toaster oven for approx 10 min or until crispy. Optional: drizzle some olive oil on pita before toasting.
- Assemble: Grilled pita bread - cucumber garlic tzatziki sauce, crabcake arugula, pickled red onions - Optional: parsley for garnish and top with some cracked pepper.