If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is not only easy to prepare & beautiful on a plate but somewhat healthy, so we don't feel too guilty eating one too many! This is one of our favorite movie snacks and it also makes a great hors d'oeuvres at a dinner party. Our avocado sauce is lighter and very refreshing compared to regular guacamole, but if you're running out of time, traditional store-bought guacamole will do just fine! —Culinista Annouchka
Makes about 40 bites
- 1 avocado, peeled, pit removed & quartered
- 1/4 English cucumber, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Fresh ground salt & pepper
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse together for a few seconds. Place in a bowl and season with fresh ground salt & pepper. Set aside.
- 1 bag of multigrain tortilla chips (we really like the FoodShouldTasteGood variety in “multigrain” -which are gluten-free- or “the works”) – you can also use toasted spicy lahvosh*
- 1 1/2 pounds wild caught large shrimp, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups avocado sauce (see recipe above)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- Place whole chips (or 2 inch pieces of toasted lavosh) on a large serving platter then add a dollop of avocado sauce, top with a shrimp & sprinkle with chives. That’s all there is to it.
- To make toasted spicy lahvosh – which is a thin, crisp bread native to Armenia: Preheat 350F. Place the 2 pieces of lahvosh on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, coating the bread evenly. Season with salt, pepper, fines herbes mix and Moroccan spices (mix of paprika, crushed chilies, garlic, green cardamom, onion, coriander). Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes (until the bread is crunchy). Let cool and break into pieces. Ideal for dipping or toppings!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack