Author Notes: A twist on a classic- A grilled cheese sandwich oozing with melted cheddar, crisp bacon, jalapeño peppers and fresh summer peaches.
tablespoons apricot jam
rashers of bacon
tablespoons pickled jalapeños, chopped
cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Place the bacon in a pan over medium heat and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until crisp (or cooked to your liking). In the meantime, Spread 1 side of each slice of bread with the butter.
- Flip each side over and spread with the jam. You'll want to use about ½ tbsp per slice. Then arrange the peaches on two of the bread slices.
- Divide the cheese in half and distribute between the bread slices. It may look like a lot but it will melt and shrink in volume. Next tear the bacon in half and spread evenly between the two slices.
- Top with the remaining bread slices (jam side down).
- Preheat a non-stick skillet or pan on medium heat and gently place the sandwiches, pressing down with the back of a spatula.
- Place the bacon in a pan over medium heat and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until crisp (or cooked to your liking)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe