If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A twist on a classic- A grilled cheese sandwich oozing with melted cheddar, crisp bacon, jalapeño peppers and fresh summer peaches.
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 3-4 tablespoons pickled jalapeños, chopped
- 4 slices bread
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Place the bacon in a pan over medium heat and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until crisp (or cooked to your liking). In the meantime, Spread 1 side of each slice of bread with the butter.
- Flip each side over and spread with the jam. You'll want to use about ½ tbsp per slice. Then arrange the peaches on two of the bread slices.
- Divide the cheese in half and distribute between the bread slices. It may look like a lot but it will melt and shrink in volume. Next tear the bacon in half and spread evenly between the two slices.
- Top with the remaining bread slices (jam side down).
- Preheat a non-stick skillet or pan on medium heat and gently place the sandwiches, pressing down with the back of a spatula.
- Place the bacon in a pan over medium heat and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until crisp (or cooked to your liking)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe