If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This easy-peasy quesadilla recipe is perfect for last-minute-school-lunches. And it's only 5 ingredients. I like to use spicy Pepper Jack cheese to give it some hot flavor. —chickenista
Makes: 1 quesadilla
slices of spicy Pepper Jack cheese. If you don't have any, you can use Cheddar and add a dash of dried chili pepper.
drop salted butter (for the pan)
White Corn Tortillas. I like to use small ones because they fit perfectly in a pan, and are the perfect size for one person.
Bell Pepper thinly sliced.
pinches Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put the butter in a small pan and heat on medium heat until melted. Spread throughly around the pan.
- Place one tortilla in the pan and warm it for about 15-20 seconds.
- Turn heat up to around 7 or 8. Place the cheese down evenly on the tortilla. Cover and let it melt for 30 seconds.
- Place the bell peppers down over the half-melted cheese. Cover again, and let it melt for another 30-50 seconds. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Place the other tortilla on top of the cheese and peppers. Press down with spatula so that the cheese sticks to the tortilla. Cover and let it cook for about 30 seconds.
- Flip the quesadilla in the pan. The bottom should be slightly brown and crispy. Let the other side of the quesadilla warm for 30-45 seconds until brown.
- Place on a plate and enjoy the cheesy goodness!