If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You’re growing tired of the taste of pasta and pizza. You need something fresh, something to awaken your taste buds, and something that doesn’t have carbs. Enter the lettuce wrap. I crave the flavors of soy sauce, rice vinegar, cilantro and sriracha all thrown together inside a crunchy iceberg shell. Lean ground turkey adds protein. Mushrooms add some umami. This is your new weeknight dinner. Who knew Monday nights could be so exciting...
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces ground turkey
- 2 cups white mushrooms, chopped
- 3 scallions, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 4 large iceberg lettuce leaves, cleaned and dry
- Garnishes (optional): shredded carrots, chopped cilantro, crushed peanuts, sriracha hot sauce
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan. Add the turkey, breaking it up and stirring it frequently until there’s no more pink color. Carefully pour off any liquid that accumulates in the pan along the way.
- Add the mushrooms, scallions, garlic and ginger and cook until the mushrooms soften.
- Add in the soy sauce and cook for 1 minute. Add the rice vinegar, turn off the heat and stir well.
- Spoon a few scoops of the turkey mushroom mixture into the middle of a lettuce leaf and sprinkle with your desired garnishes and sauces. Wrap the lettuce leaf in from side to side and the fold the bottom up to create a secure wrap. Serve immediately with a lot of napkins and extra hot sauce on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch