If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love revising old time favorites and making them healthy and delicious. This cookie, made with no grains and no refined sugars or fats, is an example of that. The base is walnuts, dates, and eggs and is great for gluten free or paleo living, or just plain healthier eating! —Sarah
Makes 1 dozen
- 12 dates, pitted
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon seasalt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chips
- Blend dates and walnuts in a food processor until finely ground. (It might start to form a paste, but conversely, don’t worry if it’s a little chunky.)
- Add egg, vanilla, salt and soda and blend to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto parchment covered cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes. You want them to just turn golden and yet still be soft in the middle. Let cool before serving.