If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced beef
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons hon-dashi powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 beaten eggs
- 2 bowls of steamed brown rice
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat and cook the onions until caramelized.
- Add soy sauce, sake, sesame oil, ginger, sugar, and beef and cook for another ~3 minutes or until beef has absorbed the flavors.
- Add hon-dashi and 1/2 cup of water and boil for ~3 minutes.
- Simmer on medium heat (covered) for 5 minutes. Add beaten eggs over the beef and cook until the egg is done.
- Pour meat and sauce on top of a bowl of steamed brown rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch