If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a wonderful vegetarian dinner or side dish that can be prepared quickly and easily. The lemony dressing, along with the spice of ginger and the nutty flavor of the couscous, make it a delicious and satisfying light supper or lunch. It's my favorite meal at the moment and I always look forward when I can eat the left overs the next day! —HomeMade-with love
- 1 cup Couscous
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons rape oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 thumb thick, about 7 cm long ginger piece, minced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 zuchchini, chopped
- 5 leaves of peppermint, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- greek Yoghurt
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan, add the rape oil, gradually stir in couscous. Remove immediately from heat and cover the saucepan. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Fluff Couscous with a fork and combine with remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Season with pepper and a little salt, usually doesn't need much more, if even at all
- If you let it rest for a couple of hours the flavors will get more intense, which I prefer.
- Serve with Yoghurt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch