If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The use of Brussel Spouts in the kimchi instead of cabbage provide a finer texture. —[email protected]
Makes 2 cups
- 1/2 pound brussel sprouts
- 1/4 cup Kosher salt
- 1 cup Rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Srirachi Chili Sauce
- 1 piece Fresh ginger root, 1 inch grated
- 2 Cloves, fresh garlic, grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Smoked picante paprika
- Using a mandiline thinly slice the brussels sprouts. Put into a colander, and add salt mixing well. Allow this to drain for 2 hours, until it is wilted. This is an important step so don’t rush it.
- In a medium size bowl combine vinegar and sugar and allow to dissolve. Incorporate chili paste, ginger, garlic and smoked paprika. Take the sliced brussels sprouts and rise throughly, dry well.
- Mix vinegar solution with the now dry brussels sprouts and pack into a clean container, cover. Refrigerate for minimum of 48 hours before use. As this ages it will become spicier.
- I like this as a condiment for fish tacos, or served with a cheese board.