If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my favorite recipes of all time. I make this muesli bread once a week and I'm totally hooked. Give it a try, and I promise you a good start to your day every morning! —Adele Lifeandthelemons
- 700 grams Wholemeal flour
- 160 grams Wheat flour
- 50 grams Porridge oats
- 1.75 ounces Lukewarm water
- 1 Envelope dry yeast
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 Tbs salt
- 85 grams Dried apricots
- 45 grams Almonds
- 55 grams Raisins
- Take a large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in the water. Mix the different flour and porridge oats in another bowl. Stir in 200 grams (7 ounces) of the flour at the time little by little, beating well after each addition. Add the almonds, apricots and raisins. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Lightly flour a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place ( I usually put it on the bathroom floor) until ca. doubled in volume, about 55 minutes.
- Deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Place the dough into a lightly greased 9x5 inch loaf pan (or whatever pan shape you like). Cover the loave with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C (375 degrees F).
- Brush some egg on top of the bread and bake for 35 minues.
More Great Recipes: Bread, Rolls & Muffins