Author Notes: Some family members announced their visit earlier today and since I had a full schedule, I didn't have that much time to prepare something to serve, so I decided to make these easy and delicious raspberry pies. —Adele Lifeandthelemons
Makes: 4 small pies
cups All-purpose flour
grams Cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Tbs cold water
- Combine the flour and sugar in a large bowl and stir briefly until the mixture is aerated. Using a pastry blender or your fingers, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it’s in pea-size pieces that are slightly yellow in color, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drizzle in 2 tablespoons of the ice water and mix just until the dough comes together. (Add one last tablespoon of ice water if necessary)
- Roll out one ball of dough to each of 4 or 5 smaller pie plates and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Set oven to 180 C degrees (350 F degrees).
- Mix raspberrys, sugar and cornflour. Add it to the pie plates. Cook for 45 minutes in the middle of the oven.