If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious meat dish, always makes success at any time and occasion. And
If there are leftovers (i doubt) make a yummy sandwiche. —mariana
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef (I used mixture of pork and veal / beef)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons homemade tomato sauce
- 1 pinch White wine
- 1 tablespoon oatmea
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Poppy Seed
- ketchup, (enough to cover the roll)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 packet puff pastry (enough to cover the roll)
- 1 1 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon Poppy Seed
- 1 Chives, parsley and coriander to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 375, lightly oil rectangular baking dish.
- Mince the onion with the garlic and carrots. Then mix with the remaining ingredients and let marinate basting with a little white wine. Place the meat in a roasting pan, and shaped into a loaf roll. Mix the ketchup with brown sugar and mustard until creamy. Covers the entire roll with the mixture. Put the puff pastry brushed with beaten egg. Bake for 1 hour.
- Serve, with a fresh salad and a homemade mashed potatoes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch